Tuesday, August 23, 2005

soros-astrianism..



in my evening check on the message boards of my jamband bretheren, i became engaged with a group of folks talking about what a great man george soros is and what a worthless person g-dub is.. so i pulled up some quotes from george that i remembered running across a while back.. enjoy these snippets from this man of the people.. (from the la times - october 4, 2004)

It seems that Soros believes he was anointed by God. "I fancied myself as some kind of god ..." he once wrote. "If truth be known, I carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood, which I felt I had to control, otherwise they might get me in trouble." When asked by Britain's Independent newspaper to elaborate on that passage, Soros said, "It is a sort of disease when you consider yourself some kind of god, the creator of everything, but I feel comfortable about it now since I began to live it out."

His work as a self-professed "amoral" financial speculator has left millions in poverty when their national currencies were devaluated, and he pumped so much cash into shaping former Soviet republics to his liking that he has bragged that the former Soviet empire is now the "Soros Empire."

Despite his reputation as an international philanthropist, Soros remains candid about his true charitable tendencies. "I am sort of a deus ex machina," Soros told the New York Times in 1994. "I am something unnatural. I'm very comfortable with my public persona because it is one I have created for myself. It represents what I like to be as distinct from what I really am. You know, in my personal capacity I'm not actually a selfless philanthropic person. I've very much self-centered."

Soros was more succinct when he explained his life philosophy to biographer Michael Kaufman. "I am kind of a nut who wants to have an impact," he said. But the speculator's visions don't end there. "Next to my fantasies about being God, I also have very strong fantasies of being mad," Soros once confided on British television. "In fact, my grandfather was actually paranoid. I have a lot of madness in my family. So far I have escaped it."

In his book, "Soros on Soros," he says: "I do not accept the rules imposed by others ... And in periods of regime change, the normal rules don't apply." Clearly, Soros considers himself to be someone who is able to determine when the "normal rules" should and shouldn't apply.

just for the record, soros funds our friends at moveon.org and is a large contributor to the democratic party.. ($18 million to john kerry's campaign)

soros also has designs on manipulating the dollar in such a way to create an economic crisis in the united states resulting in 'regime change' we will see how that unfolds...

No comments: